Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Afterglow..

The middle snowman is actually a picture of how I feel, kind of stuffed, melted down to my neck, but still sporting a silly grin... Is that a bird perched on my head?






It is hard to believe that Christmas was yesterday and now I don't really have anything I must do. I can fiddle with this and mess with that and it's okay!! I love a party, a holiday, an event, anything you can get people together to and eat, laugh, dress up or decorate for... I think old age is creeping up on me because I'm ready to just hang out at home and revive after all the Christmas fun times.




I must say, this year I did everything I wanted to do, and a few things I didn't.. I was a beat or two behind most of the time, but.. Oh wait, I forgot, my most favorite Christmas treat is Christmas Cards! I love getting them, I absolutely love cards with pictures and letters. I keep them all, I have a file for them and some of them get in the file, others are... who knows where but I never throw them away. Sometimes I try and organize them by family, and it is sooooo fun to see how much the babies grow over the years.


It is always one of my biggies when I get the picture of our group chosen, and made into a card and then sent. Well sadly I must confess, I failed miserably this year. I got a program to make a cool card on the computer, I took some specific pictures, made the card, even made a computer list of addresses. The adorable card is still in the computer... the addresses were never printed out.. and I know I could send them as New Years Cards, however I have lost my enthusiam for the project so, I think I will admit defeat and move on. If I get a card from you, I want to say a big THANK YOU, please don't cut me from your list as an inactive... I will try harder next year! I think I will just...
this is a tag on a sweet container, actually a little tin of fudge that I got at my friend Pam's cookie party last week. I will truthfully be more merry when I eat the the fudge. Do you believe I like Christmas Cards better than Christmas Cookies? It's because they last longer, have you ever enjoyed a 20 year old Christmas Cookie??




I got a shot (obviously I wasn't the first) of these guys at the party. I bet Santa thinks twice, before landing on these people's roof again.





These are a few shots from my friend Diane's Christmas party. The woman on the left is Diane's friend Tracey, and the one on the right is our friend Martha http://www.blogger.com/www.vintagetrifles.blogspot.com I took lots of pictures at Diane's but I thought I should show you the one that included things Martha had made. She made the long stockings hanging on the mantle.

She made the sign above the lighted wreath.






She also made the scene in the jar and the vintage picture on the shelf above.




No doubt you have figured out I enjoy the decorating and entertaining that the holidays bring. However it is my opinion that babies make Christmas, starting with the very first Christmas...





This is my original baby Ty, my baby for 15 years having a little Christmas tea with Miss Addie our sweet little grandniece.





It was so special having all my babies home for Christmas this year. Last year our oldest baby Dusty, was on deployment with the Navy. It leaves a hole in my heart when one is missing. We all spent time on the computer emailing back and forth, but its just not the same.






<



I'm sorry if you were missing your love ones this year. No matter how many Christmas Cookies you eat, it doesn't fill the void...



5 comments:

  1. Hi Joy,

    I'm so glad you finally posted. Loved seeing your sweet boys and your sweet little Addie. I miss you, wish you were down here with me. We are going to Hollywood today. Maybe we will see some stars. ha ha
    Love ya,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, Great pictures of your boys. Very special. I know we share the same feelings about time with them. Thanks for showing my creations at Diane's. I just hope no one enlarges the picture of me. I looked like I needed this little vacation I'm giving myself! Yikes! Take care and I'll see you Monday - thanks again, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than our babies home for the holidays!
    I have 2 sons 23 & 27 with our first grandbaby on the way...I can't wait!
    Happy New Year...
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy !

    Your cookie party pics are cute !I put some up, too ! Sounds like your holiday was great, hope the New Year is just as wonderful !
    Happy Blogging,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, beautiful pictures, all. My favorite is the one of the boys' hands. It is gorgeous, precious and touching. Love you!

    ReplyDelete