Saturday, February 20, 2010

A New or… Revised List of Excuses

Do you wonder why I can’t seem to do a blog post more often? I have several great excuses.  In no apparent order…

Every time I turn on the computer, I HAVE to check my email, naturally I have to respond, then I need to delete all the junk I don’t need to keep.  Then I get sucked into the whole blog, black hole, you know the one where if you just want to check one little thing, whish, your sucked in, no return until your eyes give out and your forced to do something else.

I don’t have any pictures to go with something I want to talk (post) about.  Sound simple enough, take a picture you say… Oh but that would mean I must find that little card that I forgot to put back last time and who knows where even one of the eight I have is?

Too busy getting ready for the next show, lots to do, need to get organized, these things take lots of time…

Well the good news is, the stars were all aligned, things worked my way and I, quick did the emails, took some pictures this afternoon, and what the heck I’m never going to get it all done, I may as well admit it!

Fortunately I found one of those elusive memory cards so I could take some pictures this afternoon. 049

It was a BEAUTIFUL day, it looks like spring!053

057060

Wish I had planted about a thousand more bulbs last fall…

I  took a few pictures of the jewelry I have been working on.

014

 

I think one of the excuses I might be able to use, is I love, love, love making jewelry and that leaves very little time for the computer…

046

I do however want to remind you to mark your calendars, next Saturday, I will be at the Land of Tarte in Oregon City, read the details here.

Then at noon I will be on my way to Deepwood, to teach a class on crown making. Maybe I will wear this necklace that I made,

010 

 

And the following weekend, this is where I will be.

comejunk-coupon Auntie Joy

Here is the deal, print out this ticket and bring it with you to the show, it is good for $3 off the admission. This one is the one you want to print out, there are others, all the vendors have them, this one has my name on it.  And if you bring it with you, not only do you get money off, I also get a prize…  If that is not the best idea ever!! We will both win!!

Do you know Timi?  Have you read her blog? You must, she is so funny, and has the best of times. She plans parties, excursions, trips or whatever best describes them, they are toooo much fun.  I have been doing Portland Expo for several years and I am skipping that to do this show!  That is how much confidence I have in Timi.  When she decides to do something, she really, goes for it!  You’ve heard,

GO BIG, OR GO HOME!

I’m pretty sure that is her theme song…

Here are some more details,

Saturday March 6th

8-4

$8 entry

Friday Night March 5th

Early Bird Shopping

5-8

$10 entry

Gift bags for the first 30 people through the door on both days

Door prize drawings

17 vendors

Lunch by Kathrine's Folie

I can’t tell you how much fun this is going to be, I am so excited, you will want to be one of the first 30 people through the door.  I have heard of a few of the items in the gift bags, I wonder if I can be one of the first 30?? If so that only leaves 29, so you will want to get there quick!

So back to those excuses I have, I am busy getting together some really special things for the next 2 weekends!

4 comments:

  1. You girls over there have so much fun! I would love to take your crown class, wouldn't you like to come to the SouthEast? We had 70 degree weather here today, if that helps any!
    angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooooooooooh Your so good! I'm excited we are going to have so much fun!
    Have an excellent show this weekend. I'm going to try and sneak down if PJ hasn't killed me yet. ;-)
    Timi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Spring pictures and -yummy- jewelry! Keep up the good work. Tomorrow sounds like fun, wish I could come. Hugs to you and Cindy!

    Love,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy. It was so fun to meet you and talk with you at the Flea Market on Saturday. I so would have loved to have bought all your amazing CROWNS and so many of your necklaces!!! sigh. If you pop over to my blog you will see how nicely they would go with my other inspiring stuff I like to surround myself with! And now I see on your blog that you actually taught a crown making class. Oh My Goodness!!!! Now I want to try it. Yes, I need a crown or two. or three.... anyway, it was sooooo nice to meet you. Thanks for coming to the flea marktet! ~ Violet

    ReplyDelete