Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas in the Making

We’ve been enjoying the season, and looking forward to today with great anticipation.

Last weekend I spent the afternoon with The Tarte Family and The BH Boys.

 

Joe had agreed to teach Cindy and I to make tamales.

tamales 004 

This is not a quick, let’s just throw these together dinner!

tamales 005

tamales 012

tamales 009

tamales 018

tamales 021

tamales 022

tamales 037

 

tamales 028

Fun day learning something new,

and  though I was voted least likely to succeed in the tamale making circle,

they were certainly enough to impress everyone who tried them!

 

Then I tied myself to the chair so I could finish a couple of quilts.

quilt and Christmas Eve 001

 

Thankfully I have been introduced to Hulu and Netfix  so I can be entertained while I sew.

  quilt and Christmas Eve 011

Wish I had taken a picture of the finished projects  before I wrapped them , but it is hard to think of these details at 3am.

Another reason for starting projects  a little earlier I suppose…

Sweet little babies came to make Christmas special.

quilt and Christmas Eve 072

Bringing a message for all,

 

“give the ones you love a hug!”

 

quilt and Christmas Eve 037

8 comments:

  1. Now this is a true Southwest christmas eve Tradition . This year I went vegetarian so no tamales. I missed them . I made green chile corn chowder instead .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Joy, hope your day was all that you wanted. Hugs Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear friend. I miss you, but so good to hear you had a nice Christmas. I hope we can get together soon!
    XO,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful holiday Joy!!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog! If you're at all interested in music, you can visit mine at notesdaily.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so nice for us to be with you this holiday season.

    Love,

    J/J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joy, it was such a treat to run into you at Monticello yesterday! Hope you have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Doll,
    "Happy New Year!"
    Have A Fabulous 2011!
    oxooxx,
    Jessi

    ReplyDelete