Friday, September 14, 2007



Thankfully I do have a few 'real' as opposed to imaginary friends that I would like you to meet. This is my friend Pam Middlestetter. She is wearing the apron that my cousins and I made for her. It is made entirely of new fabric as she prefers new to used...Wonder why?? She owns a store, Gibson Girl downtown Silverton. We both adore our families and only have boys. Pam and her husband Doug have two big boys Mike who lives in Portland and works for Nike and Matt who owns the computer store in Silverton. Matt and his wife Melanie recently had a new baby boy named Colton. Wonder what it would take to have a baby girl in the family sometime?? Mine or hers?? Actually we are both very happy with what we have, there are many advantages to raising boys, so many in fact that I will list them in a later post...

She has these really cute baby things in her store.



She has other sweet baby things as well but unfortunately I didn't get a picture of them.

She and three other women are doing business in the recently renovated Wolff Building in Silverton. There is Silverton Flower Shoppe, The Pearl District a yarn store, and Not Your Mama's Coffee, you guessed it, a coffee shop. Just to see the renovation of the Wolff Building is itself worth the trip to Silverton. The hundred year old building was falling down and about a year ago was set to be demolished. At the last minute it was bought and totally restored, it is beautiful.

Here are a few more pictures of her store. She is probably the only person I spend much time with that doesn't love old crusty treasures. She prefers clean and sparkly. I would have to say she would even enjoy buying something new....As long as it was a bargain of course..




In some ways its great to have someone you can go with that wouldn't run you over to get the best ucky thing in the bin at Goodwill Outlet, well actually only Blummie has done that. You remember Blummie from the previous post? Pam on the other hand would gladly wait in the car while I get all the best treasures and pretend she was thrilled with my newest stinky find.











I'm not the only one who has a friend named Pam. My cousin Kay introduced me to her good friend Pam Hansen. She has a beautiful home in Madera, California where she, Kay and a few other women have started an organization that sends packages to any person in the military who they are given the name and address. The idea was to reach our soldiers and sailors that may not get much mail, but they are happy to send a care package to any one they have an address for. If you know of someone who could use a thank you or would like to contribute, please contact them at www.maderanchosag.org



If you click on any picture it will enlarge.




Here is a picture of the boxes that they fill. Pam stores these in her spare bedroom. I think she should get a big thank you for that. If it was in my spare bedroom, it could be lost forever... I also wanted you to see the floor in her house it is exposed aggregate. It is so cool I haven't seen it in a house in a long time and I really like it..





The last picture I had to show you is the quilt that Cousin Kay made for her she's not only a great cousin but a great friend as well..

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea your cousin and her friend had!!! With a husband who spent 22 years in the Marine Corps, any cause geared towards the men and women in uniform is always endearing to my heart!!! I will contact them to see how I can help!! Great post, Joy! Friends and family are truly what brings richness to our lives!! Love,
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete