Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Wishes

Recently I bought the best box of old cards, many of them have never been used and they are in great shape. They are so pretty and I love the old fonts, sometimes the messages are really funny and sometimes very formal. I guess that would be true of today's cards as well. I thought I would share a few of them with you.



This one looks like Whoville.

Here is one that is more formal but, Joy at Christmas...






I couldn't quiet figure the couple out in this picture the woman seems to be in a strange position.




Then when I read the back, I had to wonder if the man was trying to drag her along??



This is simple and straight forward. I thought it would make a good Christmas banner.






This one is embossed and just beautiful.


But my favorite one I got in the mail today.

This is the same baby that was so so so sick this spring and had a liver transplant. Doesn't this just make you smile "With Joy at Christmas"?

5 comments:

  1. Joy, We love reading your blog! And what a great surprise to see Jack and Henry at the bottom. Doesn't that picture just bring a smile or a tear to your face? Merry Christmas!!! Dana & Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! He is so cute and healthy and has grown so much! They are both darling!

    Yep, I agree, he seems to be picking her up either in an act of chivalry (so her tootsies don't get wet?), or of kidnap! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable cards! you always find the neatest things =D have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Joy
    I have just stumbled upon your charming blog. I do hope you don't mind me leaving you a comment, but felt I must as I have been so very taken with your beautiful vintage Christmas cards you found! - They are just beauties...and I know if I were to ever find a treasure like these I would just want to look and admire them all day long - lovely!
    I will pop over again from time to time. Do feel welcome to come and pay me a visit too!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that baby is better. The vintage cards are beautiful. I love them too.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete