Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's a Balancing Act

Did I join the circus you ask? Not exactly, more like developed my own. Have you seen the guy with the shovel? There are piles of crap everywhere! Actually, that's not crap it just looks that way spread out all over. This is the time where, some things need cleaned (over there in the pressure washing area), some needs painted, (over in the painting section) some needs repaired (near the barn), some, well all actually, needs priced. Lets not forget the staging area (the driveway), I bet your thinking holy moly I hope these people don't move in next door to me... Probably a good thing we don't live in the city limits where they have laws against this sort of thing.
So how was our holiday? Much like a balancing act, with just a little over a week before we leave for Farm Chicks, things are beginning to heat up, (that is another way to say tense up)more about the divorce later... (just kidding) As you know every circus has a lion or in this case a lioness/ring leader and I picked me... Most likely not the best choice, but it is what it is...

With all that said, I try to think from the little clown's (Sam) perspective once in awhile. That was why we took time for a bike ride. We rode about 200 miles (okay more like 2) to a BMX bike trail park and while I was recovering and lamenting the return trip. This was what the clown on the bike was doing.

I did have a lucky break, I think you will agree. When one of my friends drove by, it was one of the times I was actually on the bike pedaling as opposed to beside it pushing!

I also made it to my sister Toni's last evening to meet up with the big boys, in the spirit of keeping it all in balance. I don't know if you noticed these sharper, clearer more aesthetically pleasing photos, but I did get a new camera. And as you might have guessed, the technical part is over my head. Luckily Dusty took photography for a few terms in school and he remembers what he learned. I also took it but...not so lucky.

I love this rose, it is so perfect! I can't believe I don't have it! These pictures are all from Toni's gardens. I hope I'm right, I think the name is Abraham Darby, it is just starting to bloom.


The red and white rose in the corner is called, Fourth of July!
How fun is that!


And the bike in flowers, that's where I hid it... Enough is enough!

14 comments:

  1. I love your photos Joy. I have not figured out how to collage the photos yet but that will come. I am so excited about going to Farm Chicks that I can hardly wait. Florence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new camera pics Joy! Now get back to work!

    Hugs,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are to cute for words :o)
    I love reading your everyday stories!
    Your Sam is so precious!
    Now I look forward to get ALL the inside scoop after the Farm Chic Sale;- especially about before & after! You & Dumbo (oh, do I love to read about him) will most likely have quite the adventure, which I assume, your Sweetheart & Sam willingly or unwillingly takes part in...
    I'm cheering you on - Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Sylvi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has various "work" areas around my house. I'm hoping to get a pole barn built within the next year to give me more room to spread out.

    I look forward to hearing about Farm Chicks....maybe, we'll make it next year :o).

    I love your new camera.....what kind did you get? It takes very nice pictures.


    Blessings!

    Christa
    Chloe Rose http://chloerosedesigns.blogspot.com
    Kindred Roses http://kindredroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whaaaaaaa I want to go to Farm Chicks!!!!!!!! I have to go to my nephews graduation. I don't want to. I want to go with you guys!!!!!!WHAAaaaHh!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Joy-I am right there with you-I am ready to change the blog title as well. I will need to be a bit more patient as Donna loves the current one. I do not know how you keep all of those balls juggling in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photos and blog.

    Have a nice weekend.

    Hugs
    Ingunn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden picture are just so lovely.
    Smiles,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joyful,
    I'm going to Farm Chicks. I'll track ya down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited to see you at Farm Chicks! I hear though the blog grapevine you will have some fantastic items at Farm Chicks that you will be surpising us with. I CAN'T WAIT to see!

    Love all your pictures. The flowers are beautiful.

    I'm doing a give away in honor of Farm Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, FarmChicks....My heart will be there, but my body will be stuck at home, sigh.....Have an awesome time and show LOTS of photos when you get home!!
    Blessings~LillySue

    ReplyDelete
  12. WoooHooo~ We did some schedule reorganizing and now we GET TO GO to FARMCHICKS!! We leave Sisters at 5am tomorrow morning. I am really looking forward to meeting some fellow Oregonian bloggers. Also can't wait to see your booth!
    Have a safe trip!!
    Blessings~LillySue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! Im so glad to be back in Blogland , I have missed so much! Thanks for coming by to send me wishes- I'll be back soon !
    Stephanie
    (formerly Hearts of Hartmann)

    ReplyDelete