Thursday, February 28, 2008

Whatever..



Photobucket
Well folks I was thinking maybe I wouldn't post this after all since I seem a little cranky!! But just maybe I am!! Now that I posted the quote twice, (not too sure how that happened)
... I'm certain you all are waiting on the edge of your computer to know what the heck is soooo funny!

Okay call me sensitive..
I sent a note with Sam to school the other day saying that I would pick him up. I waited in line because unlike 15 years ago when my last baby was in Kindergarten you have to go into the gym and pickup your student and check his name off the list. For once I was on time.. no Sam.. I ask the check off lady, where's Sam?? She hasn't seen him.. I check the usual places no Sam.. You can't look on the bus, because of security... But if he takes the bus home and I'm not waiting outside for him, they will not drop him off. How can I meet the bus if I am at school? I hurry to the office so they can call the bus to see if Sam is on it.. Sorry they left..oh wait they are still there..
The office lady says on the phone to the bus driver.. "tell Sam his GRANDMOTHER is waiting at the office!! Did I hit her??? No they have a "no violence" policy... whatever... I did ever so sweetly say," I'm his mother." Later I was doing the math and I guess technically I could be a great-grandmother...

Here is a beautiful girl that I redid she was a mess, and Dusty seems to like her... I'm not holding my breathe!

Here are the babies that my friend Martha makes.. they are soooo sweet!!


This kinda reminds me of when I was in my mid-20's about 30 years ago... yikes!! Amazing I can still remember the story.. I was working at the Employment Office taking claims for unemployment insurance. Back in those days you had to wait in a very, very long line, while we hand filled out your claim for you... I had a friend that was my age who had recently had a baby...Well , when this 40 something lady wearing a baggy shirt stepped up to her window she sweetly asked her, "when is your baby due?" And the 40 something lady NOT so sweetly answered...I'M NOT PREGNANT! opps. That no doubt would be worse..

I am madly trying to get the last minute things ready for expo so I better punch the magic button that says PUBLISH POST

9 comments:

  1. Thanks, Joy! You made my day with that story - dang! And .. thanks for picturing my babies! See you tomorrow, xoxo, M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up, lady. That is so funny. Some times I get funny looks too when I have the boys with me. People aren't sure if they are my kids or my grandkids and they are afraid to ask. Yep, I'm their nana. Love ya. Have fun at expo. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. These days you never know! I remember my step-dad going with me to Liam's doctor appts, and being horrified that they thought he was my husband LOL Um, NO! Such wonderful pretties, I'll have to pay a visit to Martha's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to get Sam before the bus left....ummm, you did get him, right? And there wasn't any bloodshed in the office?

    Hope Expo is/was a success.

    Thanks for posting those baby pictures of Martha's...it gave me some inspiration for a baby shower I'm hosting in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nobody could turn that into something funny like you! Duh, what a dork I am. You'll see my email. Right after I asked the question about dress forms, voila! I look on your blog and there is one. I swear I didn't see that photo the other day. (I am old though, and you know how that is)!

    Love,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nobody could turn that into something funny like you! Duh, what a dork I am. You'll see my email. Right after I asked the question about dress forms, voila! I look on your blog and there is one. I swear I didn't see that photo the other day. (I am old though, and you know how that is)!

    Love,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the good laugh! I can only imagine how hard it was for you to not hit her!! Miss you, see you soon! Hopefully!! Tell Dave and Sammy hi for me! And the big boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny!! I would have wanted to POP her right in the face!
    Sarah
    http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain girl.

    I took my DS to the dentist for a check up last week and the lady behind the counter said "And you're grandma?"

    Ummm NO, I AM 34!!! I think I need a makeover or something because that isn't the first time it happened.

    Two people at Walmart have told me I have cute grandkids now *sigh*

    Maybe I should sign up for that "Ten Years Younger" show.

    By the way, just found your blog today, off to read some more.

    ReplyDelete